Thursday, June 15, 2017

Anthon turned FOUR!!!!


This dinosaur loving boy had a birthday!! Lately I can't get him to look at the camera. He is too busy to hold still AND smile at the same time, haha :). He is usually too busy to sit down and eat, also. Anthon is an absolute riot!! He makes us laugh all the time. He loves to sing, play with his sisters, play with animal toys, make puzzles, look at books and be read to, play outside, roar like a dinosaur, play with dinosaurs, act like a dinosaur, watch dinosaur movies, read dinosaur books, color dinosaur pictures, etc. Just like his daddy when he was younger :). Future paleontologist in the making!

I love getting hugs from this fellow. He gives great hugs and tells me he loves me, which makes my heart melt. I enjoy those moments when I can, because Anthon is often on the move. He NEVER stops moving. Even when he is sitting in our laps, he is still moving and won't hold still. We love his energy and enthusiasm for life. Anthon has more determination than any kid I know. He will NOT give up when he wants something, which means there are a lot of battles in our home to see who will get their way, hahaha. Usually Joseph and I win, but it literally means a long drawn out tantrum for what seems to be hours. He is hard to distract, too. He wants what he wants and doesn't easily get swayed. We love our little monkey, though. He is learning. It might be a slow process, but there has been progress.

Anthon is a sharp kid and doesn't miss a beat. He picks up on so many of the things his sisters are learning about in homeschool. If there is a song to go with something we are learning about, he will have it memorized so fast and sings it over and over again.     

Anthon's sisters love to dress him up. He will tolerate it for so long, then rips the dress ups off to get something less restricting on. If I would let him, he would go around naked all day, haha :). 

Such a fun little goofball!!!

Paleontologist at work. 



Fun in the mud!!

I love these next two. If Anthon is around on the farm during chore time, he sometimes helps feed the calves.


Trevis is Anthon's best bud. These cousins were born a day apart and have had a joint birthday party every year ever since they turned one. Anthon told me he wanted a dinosaur cake. Since I made one for him last year, I asked him if he would like a dinosaur fossil cake instead. He was ecstatic about the idea, so Alicia and I decided to make that the theme of the party for these two boys. We had a small party with just some family members there. The kids played a pin the head on the dinosaur game and got to "dig" for dinosaur fossils in clay. Along with cake, ice cream and presents, I think these boys had a great time.

The bones are made with fondant and the "dirt" is blended Oreos and graham crackers. Of course Anthon LOVED it!! 





Blowing out the candles:

 So, if you read my last post about Fanny's birthday, you know about our sweet dog Clara's passing a few weeks ago and that we are getting a new puppy in July. The day after Anthon's birthday we got to go visit the litter of puppies that our new puppy will come from. In about two weeks we will get to pick out our puppy from five of the six males that are in the litter. In four weeks we will get to bring our puppy home!! He is a Bernese Mountain Dog. These dogs are BEAUTIFUL!! The breed comes from Switzerland. They are wonderful with kids, love their owners, love to pull things, love the snow (which is good for us, because we get a lot of it), and are such sweet animals. Last year I included pictures of Clara with Anthon on his birthday post. This year here are some pictures of Anthon, and a couple of the girls, with the puppies. Just look at that smiles on his face!! 


So happy!!


Attachments were made!!



We can't wait to get our little Bernese Mountain dog. Seriously, these are the CUTEST puppies ever!!! 

This boy!! I sure love my Mr. Anthon Rom. Here he is playing with one of his birthday presents. HaPpY BiRtHdAy Anthon!!! You sure make life fun and we are so glad you are part of our family. 

A drill!!!

No comments: