Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Group Preschool

Three of my friends that live in Grantsville all have little girls that were born around the same time Fanny was born. We decided to do a group preschool with our four little three year olds this year! It will be one day a week for two hours. Each of us moms will take the girls in turn. So, that means we will only be teaching every four weeks, and for the three weeks in between we get a little break!! Our preschool is pretty relaxed. We are going to each take a letter of the alphabet and do a little lesson and activity to go along with the letter. We may have some play time, reading time, singing time and snack time as well. Mainly we just want our girls to have a chance to interact with some other children their age. I'm super excited that the other moms want to do this.
It will be so great for Fanny!

To kick off our preschool, we all took our kids to the Hogle Zoo!!!
Fanny was so funny. For most of the time she wanted to be in the stroller (which, sadly, I had to rent because we forgot ours). But, once she saw a small "wild" cat behind some glass, she jumped out to get close to it!! Seriously, this thing looked just like a regular house cat. Joseph is going to have some trouble with Fanny when she is older and starts asking for a kitten. He is allergic...by choice =).
Here are the girls looking at the squirrel monkeys.
Fanny looking at the cat. Surprisingly, she was also very fascinated with a HUGE gorilla. It was right next to the glass and she went right up to it. Funny what she is afraid of and what she is not afraid of. I would think a big gorilla would be terrifying to a three year old.
My foster mom, Leslie, was here with us for two weeks and got to come along with us to the zoo!!
Nora was pretty chill the whole time and didn't seem to really get excited about any of the animals. She even fell asleep towards the end. By the way, in the picture she is drinking from a bottle, but I'm actually still nursing her about two to four times a day!! My goal was a year and now I'm still nursing after the year mark!! I'm not sure how much longer I'll be nursing, but it is exciting that she still wants to, and will also take a bottle!! Fanny was completely done nursing by six months old.
FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!!!!!
She wouldn't smile because she was so anxious to get out the door.
Fanny had so much fun on her first day. I take all the girls in a couple weeks. I'm super excited!! This group preschool thing is definitely fun if you can find the right kind of people who want to do it. Thanks ladies, this is going to be a great "school" year!

3 comments:

mellabie said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you. Preschool co-ops are great! Let me know if you want any ideas for your turns to teach. I have taught preschool for three years so I have some fun stuff up my sleeve. Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Preschool is the best!! Come visit my blog for ideas, if you need. But I think you'll manage great on your own!

By the way, the girls are adorable, too!

Angee :)

Tricia said...

We'll have to swap ideas. I'm teaching David pre-school and we're doing a letter a week. I may need some ideas. I've found some great thing too I can pass on if you need any ideas. Your girls are so cute. It was great to see you face to face for a few minutes in WY.