Monday, July 19, 2010

Garden

Here is our lovely garden. Our goal this year is to do a better job at harvesting on time and storing what is not used right away before it spoils. Joseph is the gardener in our home. He really enjoys it and does such a great job at it, where I just see it as a chore. Mostly, I really hate when I get out in the garden and am picking weeds or something and a big ol' spider starts crawling out from under the dirt. Yikes! No, I much more prefer cooking with the fresh veggies and storing them for later use. I definitely LOVE having a garden, though, and appreciate a wonderful husband who enjoys doing the work. So far this year we have had spinach, peas, green onions, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, beets, radishes and lots of zucchini. Yet to come... tomatoes, corn, watermelon, onions, carrots, peppers, cucumbers, potatoes, green beans and some more of what we've already had! Yay for gardens and fresh vegetables right from your backyard to eat!!

1 comment:

Laura and her boys! said...

I am totally impressed and drooling! I love fresh veggies, but my thumb is not green at all :)