Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

We had a great Independence Day this year. The celebrations actually took place on Saturday, the 3rd, since July 4th landed on a Sunday this year. It started with Joseph running the 5K again. He beat his time from last year and ended up in third place in his division!! Way to go Joseph!
Here are a couple pictures of Fanny just being her cute self as always! Grantsville does a great 4th of July with the 5K run, a parade, a car show, a whole lot of great fun and entertainment at the park and a really super fireworks show in the evening.
Joseph's band got to be the entertainment at the park this year. They had one of their BEST concerts ever. They sounded so good, but I guess I always say that. They are just so talented and play such great music, though. It was so fun for them to play at this kind of a venue. In a few days you will have to go check out Forty Days' blog page, HERE, I will most likely be adding an update on this event and a video or two of some of their songs. Fanny and I had such a great time listening to the band and enjoying the fun atmosphere and spirit of the 4th. We love our country and are grateful for the freedoms we have!!
Here is a video of Joseph and Bryce performing Dueling Violins during the show. I cannot believe how fast Joseph gets on this number. Holy cow, I have such a talented husband! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Laura and her boys! said...

Looks like you had a great time! Joseph's video is awesome. I would love to come up and watch him sometime and get to see you guys :)