Before Nora comes and things get a bit more busy around here, I really wanted to do a little update on Fanny and what she has been doing lately. This girl is such a GIRL! With no prompting or encouragement from me she loves princesses, trying on shoes, wearing jewelry, looking at herself in the mirror, dressing up, taking care of her dolls and stuffed animals, brushing her hair (although, she doesn't like when I try to do anything with it), playing with makeup (only things I give her that she can't open) wearing dresses, going shopping (she gets way more excited than I do to go to the store, I can't stand shopping), and a number of other things. In the picture above, if you can see it, she has two different colored dress up shoes on. I thought she always just happened to grab the two that were not alike, but the other day I noticed her pull out two pink ones from her dress up box, and then she went and put one back to get out a purple one instead. I guess she likes the miss-matched look. She also draped the boa on herself and got out the brush that is in her hands to brush her hair with. This was all right after her and I had a little "tea" party on her bedroom floor. I LOVE IT!
Fanny is so cute with her dolls. She has two, Susy and Sally, who she likes to push around in her stroller, change their diapers, put them on her potty (Sally actually made it in our toilet head first once when Fanny was trying to "help" her go potty), wrap them in blankies, feed them milk from her bottle, feed them her own food and snuggle them. Below you will see her snuggling Susy. It is the cutest thing. She is always picking up her dolls and stuffed animals to snuggle. She will even snuggle a page in one of her books that has an animal in it or something that looks soft. Very motherly. I just know she will be a great big sister!
Other things Fanny likes lately...playing peek-a-boo (she has loved this since she was a baby). She will hide behind the couch, a curtain, behind our backs, under her blankie, anywhere, and say, "Where's Fanny?" We then say, "I don't know, where is she?" until she jumps out and we say, "There she is!" with a lot of enthusiasm, which always makes her laugh and run to do it again. She also LOVES being tickled, still loves balls, lining things up, going on walks, playing outside, watching videos of herself on the computer (a little Narcissistic, I know), coloring, going to church to go to her nursery class, repeating everything we say, getting up onto things and "jumping" down from them, playing with her toys, helping us clean up her toys (she gets so super excited when we ask her to put things away. She will literally run to assist in the cleaning process with the biggest smile on her face and exclamations of joy), listening to music, being sung to, singing, being read to and reading to herself. She has pretty much every one of her books memorized. It is always so fun to find her with a book on her lap turning pages and "reading" it all by herself.
Fanny is in a bit of a whinny phase right now, though, but we are trying to ignore her when she whines and help her to ask for something nicely instead. It does try the patience a little, but it is really not that bad. There are worse things she could be doing.
We just adore our little two year old Fanny! She brings so much joy into everyday! It is going to be so much fun having two girls around here...I can't wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment