This was just such a cute picture of Anthon taking a nap, that I had to include it.
We went to Star Valley, Wyoming for a little family vacation a couple weeks ago. While we were there Joseph blessed Anthon on the same day his cousin Trevis was blessed. Trevis was born only a couple days before Anthon was born. Along with Sarah's baby boy, who is due any day now, these three boys are going to be best little cousin buddies. Anthon's blessing was so beautiful. Joseph said some very profound and powerful things in the blessing. I cried! Anthon definitely has an important mission here on earth. How blessed we feel for him and all of our dear children. Here are some pictures of Anthon's blessing day:
So peaceful.
Clowns? Queen Elizabeth I look alikes? Their blessing outfits were a little big, but they were super cute!
Some family pictures:
It is getting harder and harder to get everyone to look at the camera and smile all at the same time.
With one of his great-grandmas, Nanny.
With Aunt Emily.
With Great-grandma Shumway.
Kind of blurry, but I wanted to include a picture with Nana and Papa.
Nora was so excited to head out with Jaden and her best buddy, Taysen, to do chores on the farm. Got to love how she sports the dress with chore boots look!
These pictures crack me up! I love that she is so excited. Let's hope that she is this excited to do chores when we have our own little homestead someday.
Speaking of our own little homestead, here is a picture of the property we are going to build our home on!! It is at the bottom of Joseph's parent's field. Isn't it gorgeous?! Hopes are to start building next year. Joseph's parents and several of his siblings want to build here too. These pictures are taken from the spot our lot will be on. I'm so excited about being so close to family and waking up to this view everyday!
Spending some time in the pool.
The Lincoln County Fair:
Best buds checking out the pigs. Abby had a couple pigs in the fair this year. Nora was fascinated with them. Truffle and Ziffle. Joseph told Nora she could show a sheep in the fair some time. She said, "No, I'm going to do pigs!" Funny girl.
"Mom! I really don't want to have my picture taken right now, but I'll try to force a smile anyway."
Love their expressions!
These next three pictures were just too cute. Daddy with his girls.
Have to get icies at the fair. Nora kept taking out her hair band and putting it back in again, hence the funny hair styles she is sporting in these pictures :).
Ha ha! That expression!
Nora and Fanny were ecstatic about the rides this year. Kind of a first for them, so don't mind the many pictures of them enjoying themselves. They were just having so much fun!
Looking a little hesitant before it started, but they loved it once it got going.
Watching Kadi ride her horse at the fair. Fanny just loves Jacob. She is going to miss him when he is gone for two years on his mission. A couple of these pictures are blurry, but they were just so cute.
Wish this one was clear. It is the best one!
Nora also wants to ride horses now :).
Oh man, she is the master of good expressions...or should I say "evil" expressions, ha ha. She looks so devious in this one.
LOVE this one! What big blue eyes! I love them!
And here is Kadi riding her horse! She was in the freestyle event and performed to the song Going to the Chapel. So fun to watch!
Just a bunch of pictures of Anthon that I took on my phone. Look at those smiles!
So it begins... Can you see what accessory Nora put on him?
Superman!
Just chillin' in a cute outfit.
Aww!
Cousins! I love these. They look like little old men :). How adorable are they, though?! Can't wait to get Sarah's baby boy and these two together. What fun they will have growing up with each other.
Just some more pictures of our hopefully soon to be property! These were taken on Joseph's cell phone. Okay, so I know they all look the same, but I'm just so excited to live here and have our little dream homestead and hobby farm someday in the very near future.
One last picture I found on Joseph's phone of the girls in our garden back in Grantsville. Our tomato plants are HUGE this year! Getting a lot of good veggies and fruit this summer! We are going to miss this place. Still have a year or so, but the thoughts of leaving here are so bitter sweet. Such WONDERFUL people we have met here in the past five and a half years.
We had such a great time with family in Wyoming! Aside from what I posted, all the adults got to go to Bar J Wranglers in Jackson hole one night, which was super fun! Joseph was able to go to the Idaho Falls temple to see his siblings, Emily and Jacob, go through for the first time. Joseph's mom and sisters threw me a baby shower for Anthon since he is my first boy, and Joseph's parents took Joseph and I out to eat for our anniversary. We had a blast doing all those things and more. What fun it was to have such a nice vacation! Looking forward to going back next month for Emily's and Jacob's mission farewells!!
3 comments:
How exciting that you will be moving to Star Valley! That is my dream but alas, I married a city boy. What a great way to raise kids and teach them how to work. Your kids are adorable! Good luck with all the upcoming plans.
Your property looks great and how exciting to be where family is. We will miss you all, but excited for your new adventures. Waiting for all my kids to come home to, but if not....we will love our ventures to Nashville. Just loved to see Fanny and Nora having so much fun and to see Nora bright, loving smile.
Thanks for the update. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Your property is just gorgeous! Glad you are doing well. Love ya.
Post a Comment